[Xastir] New features

Ken Koster n7ipb at wetnet.net
Sat Apr 23 22:11:24 GMT 2016

collision of the <russo at bogodyn.org> flavor, containing:
collision of the <n7ipb at wetnet.net> flavor, containing:
> > > A heads up for those testing the latest.
> > > Bug #1,
> > > Wherever a degree symbol is supposed to be printed it shows as multiple
> > > extended characters.  (station config, weather)
>
> [...]
>
> > I found, however, that replacing all of those direct-entered special
> > characters with "\xB0" returned function to normal.
> >
> > I can fix it in cvs that way if you'd like.  Or you can.
>
> Committed and tested.  The degree symbol is now inserted into sprintf'd
> strings using the "\xB0" format specifier instead of the literal degree
> symbol character.  This should prevent it from accidental replacement in
> the future, since it's now four ASCII characters in the source, not a single
> Unicode/UTF-16 character.

Thank you Tom.

It turns out that one of my editors was assuming that the files were in UTF-8
and messed things up.   I found out that much this morning before having to
leave for the day.   I had it partially fixed but ran out of time to finish
the job.   I'm very glad you were able to take care of it.

I need to talk with the developers of that editor (kate) to find out just why
it has that behavior since I certainly didn't expect it to change things I
didn't explicitly ask for.

Bad Editor,  Bad, bad....
I should stick with VI...

And I like your fix just for the fact that I never have liked embedding
special potentially non-printing characters in source.  Much better to
explicitly identify what you want.

Thanks again
--
Ken - N7IPB
Email: n7ipb at wetnet.net
JID: n7ipb at jabber.wetnet.net
PGP Sig: F42B EF90 3CD3 31C7 3056  122E 993A 7B2E 5138 C42A
"I have now exceeded my BFS (Budget For Stupid) for the month" - Me to  WE7U