[Xastir] Tracking VK3YT-11

Curt Mills curt.we7u at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 10:43:57 EST 2016

Start Xastir from an Xterm. Most error messages will show up in that xterm
and might lead you to the problem.

You can turn on/off screenshots and Xastir will try to take a snapshot. Do
another on/off cycle and it will try again. More than likely you're missing
some library that Xastir needs to do the snapshot or to convert it to png.
Snapshots are working on my systems. My major list of libs (from
Help->About):

  AX25 Festival GPSMan GraphicsMagick libProj GeoTiff ShapeLib PCRE Dbfawk
map_caching rtree libcurl

However, many of those use additional libraries which aren't listed there.

Looking in src/maps.c I see "snapshot_thread" which has this comment:

// Create png image (for use in web browsers??).  Requires that "convert"
// from the ImageMagick package be installed on the system.  At the
// point this thread is started, the XPM file has already been
// created.  We now create a .geo file to go with the .png file.

snapshot_thread() is started from Snapshot(), in the same file. The XPM
file is created from XpmWriteFileFromPixmap() in Snapshot(), prior to
starting snapshot_thread().

I've got these "Magick" RPM's installed:

$ rpm -qa | grep -i magick
GraphicsMagick-1.3.21-76.1.x86_64
libGraphicsMagick3-config-1.3.21-76.1.x86_64
libGraphicsMagick3-1.3.17-2.4.1.x86_64
libGraphicsMagickWand-Q16-2-1.3.21-76.1.x86_64
GraphicsMagick-devel-1.3.21-76.1.x86_64
libGraphicsMagick-Q16-3-1.3.21-76.1.x86_64
libMagickWand5-6.7.8.8-4.21.1.x86_64
ImageMagick-6.7.8.8-4.21.1.x86_64
libMagickCore5-6.7.8.8-4.21.1.x86_64

and these containing "xpm":

$ rpm -qa | grep -i xpm
libXpm-devel-3.5.10-4.1.1.x86_64
libXpm4-32bit-3.5.10-4.1.1.x86_64
libXpm4-3.5.10-4.1.1.x86_64
libXpm-tools-3.5.10-4.1.1.x86_64

I hope that helps.

On Sat, Jan 30, 2016 at 2:11 PM, Liz <edodd at billiau.net> wrote:

> Screenshot of Xastir showing tracking of latest balloon launch by Andy.
> https://flic.kr/p/CGDKuB
>
> My config is set to png snapshot, but the ~/.xastir/tmp/ directory was
> empty.
>
> Liz
> VK2XSE

Curt, WE7U