[Xastir] Kubuntu _and_ Raspberry Pi build fails

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 21:18:12 EST 2016

On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 11:19 PM, vk2tv <vk2tv at exemail.com.au> wrote:

> On 18/12/15 14:23, Lee Bengston wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 10:11 PM, vk2tv <vk2tv at exemail.com.au> wrote:
>>
>> Lee,
>>>
>>> On 18/12/15 10:33, Lee Bengston wrote:
>>>
>>> Finally took a look at Ubuntu 15.10

>> I recently compiled xastir on Debian 8.0, Jessie, and had the same
>>> problem. I added some missing dependencies as listed on the
>>> ​​
>>> Debian package page for xastir and the error went away, with all options
>>> listed as 'yes'.
>>>
>>> FWIW, here's the ldd listing from my machine. I compiled gdal, proj and
>>> libgeotiff from sources from their respective web sites, but I don't know
>>> how necessary that is anymore.

​< didn't repeat the long text here >​

>>> Ray vk2tv
>>>
>>> ​Thanks Ray.  Are either of the pages below the
>>>
>> ​'
>> Debian package page'?
>>
>> https://packages.debian.org/jessie/hamradio/xastir
>>
>> https://packages.debian.org/source/jessie/xastir
>>

>> Lee - K5DAT​
>>
>> Lee,
>
> The former is the packages page I used.

​Sorry for the slow follow up due to vacation.  I looked at the list of
Debian packages a while back, and all were already installed with the
exception of one that did not exist in Ubuntu 15.10​
​
​.  There was a similar one installed that appeared to be equivalent.  The
names escape me now.  When attempting to build Xastir in Ubuntu 15.10 the
configure script points to not finding key files that would normally be
provided by the dev packages for imagemagick or GraphicsMagick.  With
respect to GraphicsMagick, I'm not sure exactly what this message means...

​"
​
checking for WriteImage in -lGraphicsMagick"
​
... no ​

​If this issue is also present in 16.04 this April I'm sure it will get
more attention.​  15.10 is basically a lame duck release.

Lee - K5DAT