[Xastir] Maps?

David Ranch xastir at trinnet.net
Fri Jul 15 08:54:11 PDT 2016

Hey Curt,

I've never used any of this dbfawk capability before but beyond it's
offline ability, I've always been curious on it's performance benefits,
maybe it's better looking than OSM, etc.  Could you post some screen
captures of what things look like on your tuned dbfawk setup with a zoom
of 128 compared to say Online/OSM_tiled_mapquest.geo (works well but
always strikes me as a bit "dark".

Maybe when you have a good example of what can be done with dbfawk, you
can check it into Git and I can load it in to check it out?  Though I've
never used this feature, my Xastir build is fully featured so it
"should" work.  (famous last words)

--David
KI6ZHD