[Xastir] Time for another official Xastir release?

David Ranch xastir at trinnet.net
Mon Jun 27 13:25:27 PDT 2016

Hey Dave,

Indeed your right and I see a 2.0.6-5 dated as of 6/2/2016:

    https://packages.qa.debian.org/x/xastir.html

that's unusual using that as a 2.0.6 update when it's actually coming
from CVS.  It's not to say it's not done but usually the package name
includes a string like xaster-2.0.6-cvs20160602 or something like
that.   None the less, cutting a new release is the best route and I'm
sure the Debian group would be happy to deprecate that 2.0.6-5 release
in favor of something newer.  The real benefit for non-compile savvy
HAMs comes from the backports to get say this 2.0.7 into Debian Jessie,
Ubuntu 16.04LTS, etc.

--David
KI6ZHD