[Xastir] New member Intro and question

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 12:53:20 PDT 2016

On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 9:08 PM, Joel Vazquez, AE4SR <
ae4sr.radioop at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> My name is Joel, AE4SR, located in Miami, FL and I've been using Xasrir for
> quite some time, but just new to the mailing list.
>
> Got a question, since I think a year ago that the online maps from OSM stop
> working, I haven't found a solution, either online or offline, for it.  Can
> some body tell me what options I have?

​Only some of the (OSM) online map choices have stopped working, and I
think that happened longer than a year ago.

In your map chooser the options "Online/OSM_tiled_mapnik.geo" and
"Online/OSM_tiled_cycle.geo" should still work - they never stopped
working.  If they don't work, there must be an issue related to your
installation of Xastir.  I see from another message you are on version
2.0.9, so it would not be a problem related to using an old version of
Xastir.  It would be best to confirm that the options above do not work for
you.

When you click "help, About" in Xastir, does it show either GraphicsMagick
or ImageMagick in the list of Libraries used?

Lee - K5DAT
​