[Xastir] Couple of Small Problems, Maybe?

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Fri Feb 17 16:08:42 PST 2017

I have been told directly by Pete Lovell that the firenet.us port 14580
ports are filtered ports but not "IGate" ports.  Unlike the APRS-IS
servers' port 14580 which is both a filtered port AND and "IGate" port.
In his words, the firenet.us servers do not maintain a per-connection
"heard" list and therefore do not forward messages addressed to stations
gated via that connection nor any subsequent courtesy posits from
stations originating those messages.

Pete told me not to connect an IGate to a firenet.us port 14580 becasue
it wouldn't do proper messaging due to this lack of a "heard" list in
those servers.

But yes, they are all running javAPRSSrvr, just that the configuration
is apparently different.