[Xastir] Does anyone know Hessu's email? Was:Re: APRS.FI ROBOT irritation

David A Aitcheson david.aitcheson at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 21:41:27 PDT 2017

Hey Lynn,

I was trying to be nice and only beacon once every hour when I had
XASTIR turned on or force a beacon every fifteen minutes.

The info shown as:

    KB3EFS · center · zoom · info
    43°1.72' N 74°59.67' W
    2017-06-26 19:41:33
    40722 MPH
    437 Henry St, Herkimer, NY 13350, USA
    Dave - No Radio
    [APX209 via TCPIP*,qAC,WG3K-NJ]
    being tracked · stop tracking · track in Street View

... is the last packet that got through the system. I have been on at
times every day since then only to have any packet or beacon get tossed
to /dev/null. All because the system got "Snarky" with me for changing
my location at an extremely high rate (I think it chokes on speeds over
999.99 MPH) of speed. The system said I was traveling in excess of
40,000 MPH.

Must be someone else is listening or I finally got automatically taken
off the bad boy list as things are now working again.

Oh well...

73
Dave
KB3EFS