[Xastir] FW: xfontsel

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 15:07:49 PDT 2017

On Thu, 2 Nov 2017, Jason KG4WSV wrote:

> The xastir from the distribution puts stuff in a non-standard place.
> Your xastir config inherited those non-standard directory entries.
>
> now that you have a standard built-from-source xasatir the support
> files are in the standard place, but your config files (in your home
> directory, specifically ~/.xastir) still point to the non-standard
> place.
>
> you can use your favorite test editor on ~/.xastir/config/xastir.cnf
> to search and replace /usr/share/xastir with (I think!)
> /usr/local/share/xastir and things will probably start working.

-or-

If you're just getting started and haven't done a lot of Xastir config'ing yet... Delete your ~/.xastir directory, then re-start Xastir. It will rebuild that directory with the correct paths for your new install.

You could also rename .xastir to .xastir-save or similar and restart Xastir, then copy bits and pieces from your .xastir-save/* files into your .xastir/* directory as needed.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://we7u.wetnet.net
APRS Device Capabilities:  http://we7u.wetnet.net/aprs_device_capabilities.html