[Xastir] Xastir not digipeating, can't figure out why.

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 10:12:33 PST 2018

On Thu, 18 Jan 2018, Aaron Vogel wrote:

> I guess I have another, perhaps more fundamental question: how do I control
> _what_ gets digipeated? For example, if I want it to act as a fill-in and
> only digipeat WIDE1-1... where would I tell it to do this? If I wanted it
> to digipeat everything... where would I tell it to do this?

You don't. Xastir was not designed to be a wide-area digipeater. It can only function as a fill-in digipeater, digi'ing only on WIDE1-1.

If you're seeing packets come in that already have been digipeated on the WIDE1-1 path, Xastir won't digipeat them again.

If you want full control over digipeating and want to do something more than what Xastir does, you'll probably want to run Digi_ned to do that. You can run Digi_ned and Xastir at the same time.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://we7u.wetnet.net
Coordinate Converter (Android): http://www.sarguydigital.com