[Xastir] upgrade

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Sun May 6 14:42:52 PDT 2018

On Sun, May 6, 2018 at 9:52 AM, C.L. Hollahan <chris at hollahan.net> wrote:

> Right now I am running Ubuntu on a RasPi 2 with Xastir 2.0.6. What is the
> best way to update to the latest version, uninstall and get latest from
> Git, or is there an update script I can run?
>
> ​What version of Ubuntu?  Currently the Wiki as well as my build script
support Ubuntu 16.04 (and earlier), but not the current 18.04.​  If you're
on 18.04 I would follow the manual installation notes in the Xastir wiki to
install from Git in version 16.04 because chances are the prerequisite
package names haven't changed.  There's also a section of the installation
notes that discusses what Tom R. said about moving from a binary
installation to a source installation.

Lee - K5DAT