[Xastir] Weather Stations

Dj Merrill xastir at deej.net
Tue Nov 6 10:22:47 PST 2018

Hi Gerry,
	It is still transmitting every ten minutes.  I left it on after our
email exchange last week.  N1JOV-7 is the only station ID.

	On the RF side I think I understand why it might not be going anywhere
other than to stations in direct range of my station.  The man page for
xastir_udp_client says "It will send the packet out the RF ports as
third-party packets only if you add the "\-to_rf" flag after the
passcode".  My current understanding is that a third party packet won't
be passed along.

	However, I am also transmitting it to the internet at the same time
since I am using both "-to_rf" and "-to_inet" options.  Maybe I don't
have the data being sent to the right place?  I only have one server
setup for APRS "rotate.aprs2.net".  Do I need to setup a second server
to send weather data, or does it also go through the same primary APRS
servers?

	Is there a "how to" guide somewhere describing the proper way to
configure Xastir to talk to a weather station and send the weather data
along to the Internet?

Thanks,

-Dj