[Xastir] wx data and stream to map

k4xtt vea12bore at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 12:21:10 PDT 2018

Okay I will try to give my exact details here and see if anybody has any
additional insights.

I'm running  windows 7 on HP computer with weatherdisplay software
installed.  No firewalls coming or going. Weatherdisplay is supposed to
be sending data to rotate.aprs.net on port 14580 every 5 minutes.
Apparently it is as findu is showing the data on the raw data page as
well as the weather graphs, etc.  The data findu is seeing is
"K4XTT>APRS,TCPIP*,qAC,SEVENTH:@221850z3836.48N/07847.17W_044/003g005t067r000p000P000b09780h69.WD
190"

If I'm seeing correctly (sorry about the text format change here, it
happens when I pasted the data) it's come from "SEVENTH" [whatever that
is] and has position and weather data in it. I believe the underscore
indicates weather.  I don't right now what qaC is exactly but I see it
alot with other weather data from other users.

I'm running Xastir on Ubuntu Bionic-18+ with compiled source form git.
Configure Internet tab is set up as; "Host second.aprs.net"  "Port 14580
[thanks Curt]"

Passcode "mypasscode generated with callpass"  "Filter Parms. m/800"
Comment: Core INET Servers"  with allow transmitting, Activate on
Startup And REconnect all enabled.

No FireWall setup on the Ubuntu box or the router until this all works
as it should.

So again I don't see what the problem is.  Still not showing weather on
the xastir map.

I think that my lack on knowledge has got me in this dither and it's
driving me crazy.

So if anybody wants to help I would appreciate it.  I do not know the
difference between what "firenet is, it's ports and IP's" and the
APRS-IS mechanisms.

I have not had this problem previously with APRS and WeatheDisplay,
several years ago and am now getting back into it.

Victor  K4XTT  73