[Xastir] Start upon Bootup

Ken Koster n7ipb at wetnet.net
Tue Feb 5 08:56:08 PST 2019

On Tuesday, February 5, 2019 7:58:43 AM PST Jim Darrough wrote:
> I've seen this mentioned a few times, but I need to get current and
> appropriate input on how to start Xastir upon boot of the RPi.

For a program like Xastir that has a GUI you need to edit the desktop autostart file.

On the raspberry pi it's found at:  ~/.config/lxsession/LXDE-pi/autostart

nano ~/.config/lxsession/LXDE-pi/autostart
and add a line like this to the end.

@xastir

That should cause xastir to start up after the desktop is up.

NOTE:   The vast majority of my RPi are all headless so I haven't tried this with
Xastir but it is the standard way of autostarting applications on the desktop.

Ken,  N7IPB

--
Ken - N7IPB
Email: n7ipb at wetnet.net
JID: n7ipb at jabber.wetnet.net
SvxLink Repeaters: http://pnw220.wetnet.net
PGP Sig: F42B EF90 3CD3 31C7 3056  122E 993A 7B2E 5138 C42A
“Contrariwise,' continued Tweedledee, 'if it was so, it might be;
and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.”