[Xastir] Pi Installation

Brian Kurtz toy4trax at gmail.com
Sun Sep 29 12:52:33 PDT 2019

Hello all, new Pi/Xastir user here. I'm no programmer, have more $ than
brains at the moment, and just trying to achieve a simple(?) goal.
I have a single goal with my new setup- Headless
Mobile RF to IS igate.
I'm looking to build a mobile setup with a Yaesu 400, and Mobilinkd
TNC3(not yet had success config this yet).

I have Xastir setup(apt-get, nothing fancy) on the Pi 4
4GB(updated/upgraded) , but about every 3rd I start of Xastir(sudo xastir),
the internet services time out and nothing happens. Since i plan to run
this headless, I'm looking to full-proof this issue as i will not be
monitoring the status directly.

Is it possible the internet service is trying to start before all the
required background services are up?

Thanks-
Brian KG7KHL