[Xastir] Xastir setup

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sun Nov 15 12:36:50 PST 2020

Set up your station configuration with coordinates in File->Configure->Station

Set up beacon type in File->configure->Defaults

Set up beacon frequency in File->Configure->Timing

Look in your interface settings in Interface->Interface Control and make sure
that  you have set up your TNC correctly as an interface and that
"Allow Transmitting" is turned on.

If it is all right, then open View->Incoming Data to watch what your interfaces
see, and then click "Interface->Transmit Now".  You should see your packet
show up in the Incoming Data window.  If you do not, your interface may not
be set up correctly.  If you do see it, watch your radio to see if it is
actually transmitting (that is, do it again while watching your radio).

If your radio is transmitting but nobody is seeing your packets, your TNC
audio may not be set correctly and may be creating packet audio that is not
decodable.  See page 18 of the TNC Pi manual for how to adjust transmit
audio on the device.

On Sun, Nov 15, 2020 at 08:22:35PM +0000, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <kb8uih88 at charter.net> flavor, containing:
> I am unclear about setting up station data and beaconing. I am a fixed
> station, entered mu coordinates but am not sending any routine packets
> with any data. Not showing up on aprs.fi. An Igate digi is in within
> range of me. I see his packets and am receiving packets from about 100
> miles away so far. When I tested with a local ham to see if he saw my
> packets he did not see any thing. I saw his packets(BPQ).
> I am using rasp pi model 3 and a tnc pi from coastal chip works.
> Thanks in advance for any help
> ChrisKB8UIH

Tom Russo    KM5VY
Tijeras, NM