[Xastir] Transmit now

Phil phillor9 at gmail.com
Thu May 18 21:33:32 PDT 2023

Another beginner question.

I've tried setting my station to both mobile and fixed to try to sort
out a transmit problem but the result is the same. As a mobile station
my station never seems to transmit it's position (I'm not moving) and
the same as a fixed station.

The transmitter is not triggered if I press the "transmit now" button
but it will transmit if I query a station and send a message. I'm
receiving packets via a nearby digipeater and I'm using the default
Xastir settings. I notice that other fixed stations are transmitting
their position regularly.

I suspect that the default settings are not what I need. Can anyone
offer any suggestions?

--
Regards,
Phil