[Xastir] vmplayer et al.

Peter Maxfield pmaxfield at charter.net
Thu Feb 8 12:17:17 EST 2007

Hello again!

I've been successful getting vmplayer to work on an older notebook, alas no
serial port!

I've used the prebuilt Xastir machine and have a couple of questions.

First, I've forgotten how to filter a feed.  I'm using the m/500 filter to
restrict some of the IS feed, but no matter what I do, it's either feast or
famine.  What port do I need to be set to and where would be a good feed to
go to.  I've looked at michigan.aprs.net and elansing.aprs.net.  Should I
just go to rotate,aprs.net?

Secondly, I would like to try and change to openmotif as suggested.  I know
this sounds very silly, but can someone tell me the exact path I have to set
to do this?  I call up the terminal window, but am kinda lost.  It might be
~/src/XASTIR/xastir.  I'm still trying to make the transition from cygwin
and I'm not much of a programmer anyway...

I'll work on a USB/serial adapter later.

Thanx in advance,
Peter,W1LBR-15

Where's Max now?
HYPERLINK