[Xastir] xastir in Ubuntu

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Wed Feb 28 15:01:47 EST 2007

I'm playing with the new Ubuntu release 'Feisty', currently at 'herd 4',
due for release mid-april.

Xastir is available in the 'multiverse' repository at release 1.8.4,
compiled last Nov 2nd.

Upon first execution, it opens with a tiny (<1" square) window, that
doesn't even show the entire menubar.

I believe this has been fixed in CVS, and I remember some discussion of a
first-execution script to walk the user thru a basic station and map
config.  Is the maintainer of that package on this list?  Can we get a
package built with a more recent snapshot with these usability
improvements included?

--
Rick Green

                                   -Benjamin Franklin