[Xastir] problems with Xastir-Hardy VM and vmware tools?

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 07:23:54 EDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 6:19 AM, William McKeehan
<mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net> wrote:
>  I get
> frustrated with the lack of support for my laptop's hardware (most notably,
> wireless networking) and give up.

that's another reason I run VMware.  I've got a laptop that I intended
to run linux on, but the broadcom wireless chipset wouldn't work.  XP
on the bare metal to get a driver, then VMware CentOS on top of that
and I'm good to go.

Of course the real solution to that problem turned out to be "just use a Mac".

-Jason
kg4wsv