[Xastir] Xastir for MacOSX "Unresolved inheritance operation" solved?

Derrick Brashear shadow at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 10:16:34 EDT 2009

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 10:03 AM, Keith Kaiser <wa0tjt at gmail.com> wrote:
> George,
>
> First, thank you for offering up a solution, I've not received any help
> resolving this issue from this forum or the several others I've posted it
> on.
>
> Second, I'm real glad to hear it worked for you, I wish it had for me, you
> were right when you said "YMMV".  LOL
>
> I followed your instructions exactly... had no problems or errors along the
> way right up until I try to launch Xastir. Then I get the same problem
> "Unresolved inheritance operation", in the same place.
>
> The true X11/BSD Unix experts are going to be needed to help on this. If I
> get a solution from another channel I will post it here but so far I'm
> feeling very frustrated and can only wait for someone to take pity... lol

actually i'd guess the issue is different pieces using different
libraries; e.g. while xastir has the dependencies otool -L shows (none
of which are a problem) one of those dependencies has conflicting
dependencies.

this is why i wish macports hadn't made their own x11 libraries be the
only option.

i have no input, at this point, as to how you might resolve the
situation, though