[Xastir] Xastir for MacOSX "Unresolved inheritance operation" solved?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Mar 18 13:52:56 EDT 2009

On Wed, 18 Mar 2009, Derrick Brashear wrote:

> actually i'd guess the issue is different pieces using different
> libraries; e.g. while xastir has the dependencies otool -L shows (none
> of which are a problem) one of those dependencies has conflicting
> dependencies.
>
> this is why i wish macports hadn't made their own x11 libraries be the
> only option.
>
> i have no input, at this point, as to how you might resolve the
> situation, though

Something to try:  Add options to "configure" to disable nearly
everything, and see if it will run for you.  If so, re-run configure
but disable one less and try again.  Repeat ad-infinitum until you
get the original error.  Once you do, you know that it's that
library or one of the libraries it depends on that has the problem.

Try something like this:

     ./configure \
     --without-ax25 \
     --without-festival \
     --without-gpsman \
     --without-imagemagick \
     --without-libproj \
     --without-geotiff \
     --without-gdal \
     --without-shapelib \
     --without-pcre \
     --without-dbfawk \
     --without-map-cache

You may have additional items compiled in, "./configure -h | grep
without" will show you all of the possible switches for your
version.

Of course if you disable everything, get it compiled, and still have
the error, all you've accomplished is getting a shorter list of
libraries that you're currently dependent upon.  One of these may
have the problem.  I guess that's some progress, but you're still
not running in that case.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer