[Xastir] Good serial port comm program for linux

Dale Seaburg kg5lt at verizon.net
Fri Mar 20 00:43:05 EDT 2009

OK guys,  I'm getting thoroughly frustrated with minicom.  It's not
minicom's fault, but the stupid security on the serial ports.  My
lack of linux experience is showing through.  I need to be able to
talk to my tnc until I get things ironed out and working like I
want.  I don't want to reboot into windows just to run Hyperterm
(which works EVERY time) to help configure the tnc.  I'd like to stay
in linux.  I have used minicom in years gone by, but I can't seem to
find the right combo to get it to talk to COM1 (tty0?).  If I don't
run with sudo, I get security errors accessing just about any serial
port I try.

Help!

frustrated-73's - Dale.  KG5LT