[Xastir] New OSx user

Mike Fenske mfenske at telus.net
Fri Mar 20 11:11:54 EDT 2009

Hello Jason & All,

After years of using MS-Windows, I have just made the change to mac and now have a new iMac. Although I will continue running Xastir on my linux box as the main instance, I would like to get Xastir running on my new iMac and connect it to the server port of my linux Xastir.

My question is which method to use to install Xastir on OS-X Leopard? I have seen options using macports and fink and now building packages from source.

I have installed X11 and xcode tools and grabbed the latest xastir source via cvs. Now I guess I need at least lesstif and shapelib. I tried fink, but I get an error installing lesstif.

Haven't given macports a try, but from the recent comments, I will have some problems.

So, maybe install lesstif from source. Any pointers where to start?

Thanks,

Mike Fenske
VE7MKF