[Xastir] igate settings

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 14:20:21 EDT 2010

On Thu, 9 Sep 2010, Chip G. wrote:

> I have 3 interfaces setup on my config. I have two internet (one
> range filtered, one budlist filtered).

This is frowned upon by the core server people and the Tier-2 server
people.  You should have only one active connection for the internet
side of things into the APRS-IS.

> Is there a way to keep
> certain igate traffic from going out to RF? In other words can I
> have the budlist filter server sent to RF but the range filter
> server not?

Nope.  We don't have any form of filtering.  It's either on or off.
You can choose receive-only gating, bidirectional gating, or off.

> Speaking of filtering, is there a size limit to the filter? Can
> the 'friend' filter use a wildcard?

Are you talking about Xastir's .xastir/data/nws-stations.txt file or
talking about the APRS-IS filter you have going?  For Xastir's file
the string must be 3 characters or longer but then I think it
wildcards the rest automatically.  This means if you put "we7u" in
there it will match "we7uaa" through "we7uzz".