[Xastir] Xastir 1.9.9 help

Michael Lewis subarub4 at optimum.net
Wed Sep 15 21:26:25 EDT 2010

  On 9/15/2010 6:51 PM, Curt, WE7U wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Sep 2010, Michael Lewis wrote:
>
>> Curt I will have to get back to you on this one I think it's set to
>> KISS mode but I will have to check when I come back.. really odd how
>> it shows as being connected in Xastir on /dev/ttyusb0 but no data
>> shows in it and pressing transmit now has no effect.
>
> Rgr.  Might be permissions or owner/group for that port.  Normally
> you want to add your user to the group that has that port, then log
> out and back in again to get that new group membership for that
> user.
>
> For instance, I don't have any USB to serial devices on this
> computer, so I'll show you some of my /dev/ttyS* devices:
>
> > ls -al ttyS*
>   crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 4, 64 2010-09-09 09:38 ttyS0
>   crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 4, 65 2010-09-09 09:38 ttyS1
>   crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 4, 66 2010-09-09 09:38 ttyS2
>   crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 4, 67 2010-09-09 09:38 ttyS3
>
> The group owner of these is "dialout", and the permissions allow the
> group members to read and write to these ports.  I'd add my user to
> the dialout group to allow the user to talk to them.  The "other"
> permissions are blank, which means the only ones able to read/write
> the ports are members of the dialout group, and root.  Don't run
> Xastir as root.
>
> If the TNC is in KISS mode, make sure you're using the Serial KISS
> TNC interface to talk to it from Xastir.  Or set up AX.25 kernel
> networking and use an AX.25 interface from Xastir (a bit more work
> but allows sharing the port among multiple programs).

Ok Curt I'm home now and here is the settings for the bank

BANK is 0
P300 is FALSE
TXTDISP is FALSE
NODISP is FALSE
PPATHING is FALSE
DMSDISP is FALSE
MICETMV is FALSE
ENTS is FALSE
TELHIRES is FALSE
TELVOLT is TRUE
TELTEMP is TRUE
PREEMPT is TRUE
DIGIID is TRUE
WXPOS is TRUE
TELREAD is TRUE
FRAWDISP is TRUE
HRAWDISP is FALSE
WYPTXT is FALSE
PKTICOM is FALSE
PKTOCOM is FALSE
RPATHDISP is FALSE
LEDS is TRUE
PAVPEN is FALSE
DEC96 is FALSE
DDIST is FALSE
HEADERLN is FALSE
DMETRIC is FALS
SOFTRST is TRUE
MSGCMD is FALSE
MSGCAP is FALSE
TOSV is TRUE
TALT is TRUE
TSPEED is TRUE
TIMESTAMP is TRUE
TIMEHMS is TRUE
SBEN is TRUE
TSWPT is FALSE
AMODE is KISS
BMODE is GPS
ABAUD is 4800
BBAUD is 4800
BNKMODE is 1
SSIDROUTE is 0
ALTNET is APTT4
MYCALL is KB1QXO-9
PATH1 is WIDE1-1
PATH2 is WIDE2-1
PATH3 is
TSTAT is TT4Alpha ^V ^T
BTEXT is >Mobiles please use path WIDE1-1, WIDE2-1 ^T ^V
BPERIOD is 1833
TXD is 30
PERSIST is 5
SLOTTIME is 0