[Xastir] snag trying to install shapelib via source onto mac os X 10.5

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 18:43:27 EDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 11:28 AM, T Wegner <towegn at tds.net> wrote:
> so I take it this means it's a file instead of a directory. Let me be
> perfectly honest here . . . I have no idea what I'm doing. lol
>
> Should I delete the lib file and make a lib directory here?

You'll have to, before lots of stuff will install correctly.

> Is there something in that lib file of importance and I should not delete?

That's the $64k question.  I'd just rename it, then continue with the
build process (a "make install" will most likely create /usr/local/lib
correctly for you).

do

cd /usr/local
mv lib lib.wtf
file lib.wtf

That last command will (probably) give you a clue as to what sort of
file it is.  If mv give you permission denied, append "sudo " to the
mv command and try again.

-Jason
kg4wsv